Information and Communications TechnologyInformation and Communications Technology (ICT) is a sector we have embraced at the forefront of our firm and also for our clients. ICT offers important techniques for improvement of office productivity and automation. We recognize ICT as a specialist area in which we offer services such as;
- Feasibility and application studies
- Reviews of effectiveness of existing installations
- Specification of software and hardware requirements
- Implementation of computer systems
- Provision of hardware and technical back up service and provision of software.
- Development of data processing and office automation strategies
- Computerisation of accounts and accounting systems (Using friendly accounting softwares like, Pastel, Quick Books Accounting Plus, Hogia, Scala, Tally, Sage, Tompro, Finpro, Sunsystems.We provide support to our clients for installation of accounting software which involves advising the client on which software will work best for their accounting system; we also carry out installation and training of users so as to build their capacity to move from manual systems to automated systems.As we do this we not only support clients in computerising the General Ledger but ensure to provide support on the practicability of the periphery accounting areas to minimise duplication of effort while at the same time introducing controls in and around the computer.
The KAL Associates Experience
Due diligence assessmentsOften our client’s needs include investing, divesting, or purchasing in a business and divesting shares in a company. Such decisions require reliable professional information on the value of the business or shares in question. We provide this information which creates a basis for negotiating the business deal in question. We have a team of financial experts on call that undertake these assignments on behalf of our clients.Value for money and Programme evaluationsWhen ensuring value for money for project accomplishment; we assess whether the funds provided have been properly utilised (efficiency), whether the objectives have been realised (effectiveness) and how frugally the funds have been utilised (economy).We provide expertise to undertake these financial reviews for public sector programmes and Non-Governmental Organisations.InvestigationsClients are often faced with the need to get assurance that financial resources deployed for an activity or managed by their agents have been utilised for the intended purpose or professionally managed in line with set rules and regulations. The practice undertakes financial investigations on behalf of clients to establish this assurance or otherwise.Investment Advisory ServicesWe have mobilised internal capacity and also have on call expertise to provide versatile solutions in treasury and investment management. We have the capacity of composing investment portfolios and working with offshore investment companies/banks. Our resource team has built up financial models for various clients to enable them plan their business and cash management.